I have been doing DSLR photography since 2007. I love it, and I like being able to express certain passions of mine through the medium of photography. I have experience shooting all kinds things, including: weddings, newborns, birthdays, parties, family portraits, funerals (yes, funerals), MMA events, school portraits, etc... But my biggest passion is wildlife, and my specialty--if I have one--is wild horses.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Onaqui Wild Horses Part 3

Gandolf and his companion horse, Three Socks. This behavior is called "phlemen." They curl up their upper lip, and are smelling the air to see if any of the mares are in estrus.
A peaceful, sweet moment, shared between mama and baby.
The stallions are in a constant struggle for dominance, and it's fairly common to witness fighting and chases like this one. That swift back kick just barely missed!
It gets so dusty out here; so dry. This is the entire herd of between 130-135 individuals, heading to the water hole, and stirring up clouds of dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment